Sunday, October 26, 2008

Tying up the laces - again

So I've had my week of recovery and I'm ready to start running again.

My next run in the Highland Pumpkin Plod - it's a 10K race through the streets of Highland IN on Thanksgiving day. I'm excited - this is a shorter race so I know I will be able to knock this one out of the park. It feels good to start running again - stretching the legs and get moving. My goal during this training is to improve my times - run a little faster.

This time I will have a running partner - he'll pass me, I'm sure, for every step he takes I take two, but at least I will have someone to start the race with, even though he will finish before me. He's never run a 10K, just did a 5K, so he's training much harder than I am - good news is, his trainer ran the Chicago Marathon so he's in good hands.

So this week, along with the running, I am incorporating more ab work, strength training, and stretching. I really need to stretch my muscles - I'm going to try to find a yoga class I can take, it's actually very good for runners.

So - here I go again

No comments: