Monday, November 17, 2008

Viles of Blood

So as surgery get closer, my anxiety goes up. Today I was up bright and early so that I could be at the lab at 6:30 to have my blood drawn. Four viles were taken. I have to say though, the woman who drew my blood - she was awesome, I didn't feel a thing and she was done in like a minute. That was nice. I asked her if I could recruit her to give me my IV on the 16th.

I'm starting to get nervous, but there are days where the pain makes it difficult to sleep. I'm not ready to give up running, and I'm ready for the pain to go away, so here's the solution.

I'm still running the 10K on Thanksgiving morning. My boyfriend is being supportive and trained for it, so we'll run it together. Granted for every step he takes, I take 2-3; he does have a whole foot on me. I told him he coudl probably do the 10K twice before I am done. But no, he said he'll pace me, so that's nice.

So this week I have to squeeze in a 6 mile run, which shouldn't be a problem, then a day or two of rest, and then yup a 10K followed by lots of great food. That's way I can eat the pie without feeling guilty.

1 comment:

Don Kern said...

Stef--After TWO knee surgeries this year, I'm still running a marathon every month. It might be a little painful for a few days, but the drugs will help that. :-) Hang in there and you'll be back on the road in no time. This kind of stuff doesn't keep us down for long.

and the adventure continues....